[scribus] render frame

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Mar 10 18:33:14 CET 2011

On Thursday 10 March 2011 11:58:50 Ron Carter wrote:
> What is a render frame?
> Is there any documentation on Story Editor for 1.3.9?

A render frame is a way to go outside of Scribus and use another
program, such as LaTeX or Gimp, to create the content of the frame.

The Story editor for 1.3.9 works about the same as the manual says but
you can no longer create styles on the fly from inside the Story
Editor. This feature caused problems on some types of computers so the
direct access to the style editor from the story editor is no longer
available. You have to open up the style editor from the Edit drop
down menu on the main header bar. I regret that this convenience
feature was removed but then I am not doing the work on updating the
program.

The top bar in the story editor has changed somewhat but all the
features are there. The little vertical bars with chevrons on them are
really dropdown menus.  I suggest you check on each one in turn and
see waht features have been hidden behind each little bar.  Again I
miss having the green check mark displayed on the top bar of the story
editor but you can get to it by clicking on the first set of chevrons.
It's just an added step as you are editing the text frame contents. I
don't know the rationale for putting it as an item on another menu.

The Official Manual, the online manual and the wiki are all good
guides.  There is also the Scribus 1.3.5 Beginners Guide written by
one of the developers, Cedric Gemy. I use all of them as needed to
find answers to questions.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus:

The Short List of Publishing and marketing books:
http://wexfordpress.com/shortlist.html