[scribus] Scribus PDF questions

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Tue Mar 8 16:26:58 CET 2011

Hi All

A couple of Scribus PDF questions...

I have been checking on a PDF problem I have. Before - with Scribus ver
1.3.9 - the 'Hotlinks' in my document came through fine and worked in
the PDF.

I also use the 'pdf2ps and ps2pdf' method to reduce the size of my PDF
file which only goes out via eMail and is on my WebSite.

I'm now running Scribus 1.4 and I have problems. This is what I find...

Select PDF ver 1.3 - My 6.2Mb file reduces to 1.5Mb but the 'Hotlinks'
DON'T work.

Select PDF ver 1.4 or 1.5 - My 6.2Mb file INCREASES to 12.9Mb and
'Hotlinks' DO work.

Can anyone explain this? What I need is the reduced size but WITH
'Hotlinks' working.

I'm using Kubuntu 10.04 and Scribus 1.4svn of 2 Jan 11.

Thanks a lot

Ian Whitfield.