[scribus] Font licenses/restrictions.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Mar 8 16:21:02 CET 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 10:05:56 Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 03/08/2011 08:57 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> >>
> >> I am pretty certain that all of these have no restrictions
> >> whatsoever. If you have any doubts, you might use fontmatrix to
> >> view the licenses.
> >>
> >> Greg
> >
> > Is this accessible from Scribus or must it be separately
> > downloaded?
> >
> > I have 1.4.0rc2 and 1.5.0 dated March 6.
>
> no, fontmatrix is separate -- not sure about its availability on
> Slackware, yet probably easily compiled.
>
> Greg

I found it, compiled it with no options, and am using it to scan fonts
in my /usr/share/fonts directory.  The first use was very slow.
Apparently it did some pump-priming step in the background. After that
it ran at normal speed.

I have copied some of the pertinent TeX, Ghostscript etc. fonts over
to /usr/share/fonts/(etc)
This makes them available to Scribus as well as xetex.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus:

The Short List of Publishing and marketing books:
http://wexfordpress.com/shortlist.html