[scribus] Script to image cropping

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Mar 3 08:15:05 CET 2011

hi josé,

> > but, as i said, it would be nice to have a script which helps the
> > user to crop the image to the size of the frame (and it should give
> > the option to overwrite the linked image or to create a new cropped
> > image, leaving the original untouched).
>

> This script does it:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Image_crop,_resize_and_CMYK_conversion._Save_and_reload_in_TIFF_format

hi was aware, that such a script already existed, but was too lazy to look for it.

on top of it:

- since this script uses imageScale(), i guess that it can't work correctly.
- it should ask the user if it should overwrite the original image with the version or create a new image and crop that one
- we should check if the quality of the images created loses quality or gets bigger

ciao a.l.e