[scribus] export to .pdf by the help of .ps

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 18:04:36 CET 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:26:37 +0100
"a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:

>hi gordom
>

>> P.S. Scribus version I'm using is 1.3.7.
>
>you may try to use 1.4RC1. i know that some progress has been made
>with the text stream in scribus, but i'm not sure if this happened
>before or after 1.3.7

I think his problem is that exporting to Postscript converts the text
to outlines, hence it is no longer text. The same thing will happen if
he prints to a Postscript file (I think). I don't know about the
Windows PDF creator that he used, but it probably does the same thing.

I might suggest exporting to PDF with Scribus, then changing the file.
I've had good luck opening the Scribus PDF in Evince and then saving a
copy as a PDF. Another option is to do the same thing with Okular
(formerly Kpdf). There are a lot of other PDF creators that might solve
the problem as well.