[scribus] (no subject)

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 15:12:10 CET 2011

2011/3/1 Ron Carter <rrcwlc at gmail.com>

> Does it seem unreasonable to anyone but me that a Scribus document
> that occupies 2.5 MB should balloon to 52.6 MB as a pdf document?
> What is the typical expansion when preparing pdf's from Scribus?

The way you put your question is quite humoristic ! The fact is the P in PDF
stands for Portable and this tells a lot to what's happening. The pictures
are included into your PDF but they are only linked to your Scribus file.
So, yes, a .sla file can "balloon" (I like this expression) to just about
anything when we turn it into a PDF, depending on what is linked to it (the
.sla file).

Ron

Louis