[scribus] Spin Button Increments

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Sat Jun 25 22:22:42 UTC 2011

On Jun 25, 2011, at 4:03 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> hi
>
>> Something to add if it's not apparent -- this modification process
>> only works with the mousewheel, not with clicking the up/down arrows
>> in the spinbox, nor with using the up/down keyboard arrows.
>
> you're so insensible: apple users don't have mouse wheels nor buttons on their mouses!

Our mice are "magic"....just call them Mickey, or something....

> on a more serious track: in the fields arrows change by .1 and page up/down by 1...

I haven't found a key combination yet that does this on a MacBook.

> and for the movements and size, the ctrl and shift modifier work on convas.

Shift works with arrow keys on canvas (main window) for moving frames in 0.1 increments, so that covers one thing.  How about for resizing in 0.1 increments?  Line spacing?  Kerning?

> should they also work when clicking on the buttons? if it's easy to add, why not?
> even if i'm not sure that it's the fastest way to work...
>
> concerning the missing preference: are you sure that you want to change it for all the values which have a spin box? degrees, frame size, font size, line width ...

Yes.

> i wonder if this is really what you want... but if it is, well, it may not be that difficult to add.

Apparently it is too difficult because the feature request on Mantis has already been closed due to technical impracticality.