[scribus] Crash Report

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jun 23 12:28:34 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:13:38 pm Mike Sleger wrote:
> Yeah, but on what platform?  On OS X I cannot pan to the
lower half of any
> page at mags too much greater than 1000%.
>
> Mike
>
> On Jun 22, 2011, at 8:34 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> > hi
> >
> >> (What I REALLY hope it fixes is
> >> the unability to pan at high magnifications.)
> >
> > at 3200% i can pan with rc5...
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e
> >
> > ___
> > Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> > Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> > See also:
> > http://wiki.scribus.net
> > http://forums.scribus.net
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

IMO OS X is too closed a system, despite its roots in BSD.
With many free software products the OS X version comes out
last and is the most troublesome for the developers and the
users. If you plan on concentrating on using free software
exclusively as I do Linux is the best choice. The
developers do their best to give all OS an equal chance,
but with OS X it seems to be an uphill climb. And since the
developers are not likely to be OS X users (because of its
unfriendliness to cross-platform software development) the
OS X version of Scribus or whatever is likely to have the
most problems.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: