[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Jun 22 18:32:17 UTC 2011

On 06/22/2011 07:32 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> generally, you shouldn't become root for such task. you should learn to use sudo, instead.
>
> the command should also be:
>
> $ cd /usr/local/bin
> $ sudo ln -s bin/scribus scribus150

Not all of us set sudo up, or want to.  We know the root password for
our own computer and believe in using it as needed.  If that's your
preference, as it is mine, the command would be:

su -c 'ln -s bin/scribus scribus150'

to get exactly the same result.  (Generally speaking, people using
Ubuntu always use sudo; with other distros, the choice is yours.  I use
Fedora and prefer su to sudo.)  HTH, HAND.