[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 23:12:45 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:39:00 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:

>On 06/21/2011 11:07 AM, Michael Crane wrote:
>>>

>>> There is a very simple solution to half this, at least the rc5 part:
>>>
>>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_14/
>>>
>>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_15/
>>>

>> I'm still using FC12. What should I add to install 1.4, 1.5 with yum
>> without breaking anything?
>
>Personally, I would first recommend upgrading to F14 or F15. They're
>each a lot better in many ways.

But proceed with caution on F15. It comes with Gnome 3.0, and the
Fedora forums are aglow with issues. Most complaints are just people
resisting change, but there are some real usability problems. I'm going
to stick with F14 for a while.

But I do agree that F12 is getting really long in the tooth. And Fedora
only supports the current version and one back, so you're no longer
getting any security upgrades.