[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 02:44:20 UTC 2011

On 06/20/2011 10:16 PM, Michael Crane wrote:

> On 21 Jun 2011, at 02:58, John Jason Jordan<johnxj at comcast.net>  wrote:
>> It appears I need to install a package or fix a config file or
>> something.
>>

> I dunno I don't mess with cmake at all I guess you want qt4-devel or somesuch.
> "yum search qt"

First of all, you're not building yet, just trying to run cmake.

Look at "Getting All The Things You Need" in
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

Looks like you need gcc-c++ and qt-devel for sure, but if you see the
lists, it's likely you need more of those. lcms-devel is unlikely to be
loaded on your machine already, for example. Generally, when cmake
complains that XXX is missing, it means XXX-devel is missing.

It used to be that you had to specify qt4 to get qt4, but now it's
flipped, so that qt = qt4 and to get qt3 you have to specify qt3.

You can check with yum, but using the rpm command can be quicker:

rpm -q qt-devel

Greg