[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 00:59:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:22:41 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> dijo:

>OK here is the 1.4.0 script. You can put it in /usr/local,
>sign on as root and run it from there. You also need to
>have a directory /usr/local/src/s140
>cd /usr/local/src/s140
>rm -r *
>cd ../
>svn co svn://scribus.net/branches/Version135/Scribus s140
>cd s140
>cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus4_svn
>make
>make install
>cd scribus
>ls -l scribus
>rm /usr/local/bin/scrib4
>ln scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib4
>
>The major distro, whether Fedora or Slackware or whatever
>won't keep up with release candidates. The script will.

Thanks for the script, but I can't get it to work yet.

First, I su'd to root at the command line, then created
the /usr/local/s140 directory.

Then I copied your script to Gedit. I have a folder ~/Software into
which I put all funny programs that didn't come from a Fedora repo. I
made a folder in it for Scribus ~/Software/Scribus and saved the script
into it as Scribus_1.4_script.