[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 05:11:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:23:45 +1000
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:

>> Is this something like a fancy wget?

>No, no, use a console
>
>See http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake
>
># svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus
>
>Also read
>http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake#Out-of-source_builds
>
>yeah, bit like wget

Ah! Now I see better how to use svn <slaps head>.

OK, the main instructions on the above page are:

	mkdir ~/src/
	mkdir ~/src/scribus_svn
	sudo mkdir /usr/local/scribus_svn
	cd ~/src/scribus_svn
	svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus
	cd ./Scribus
	cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus_svn
	make
	sudo "make install"

So at what point do I put in WANT_VERSIONING=1 so it doesn't mess up my
1.3.9? Or is "=1" the correct way to do this?

Also, how do I tell svn which version to fetch? I want the latest
1.5.0. Doesn't that have to be on the svn line somewhere? What if I
wanted to build the 1.4.0 RC5?

And finally, how would one uninstall it? Just use yum erase? How would
yum erase know which version to uninstall?