[scribus] Scribus Image (Resource) Manager

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Sat Jun 18 13:08:35 UTC 2011

Yes, but there currently isn't a convenient method of finding which fonts are used where (which page, which frame, etc) and selectively changing it a different font.  The text editor approach is quite cryptic and also cumbersome for large files.  In fact, some text editors have a file size limit.  The fonts dialog under Preferences has its shortcomings, and maybe these features could be added to it someday when it's existing feature set gets enhanced.  (There are current requests for better font management within Scribus, which in itself is "wrong" in my opinion because a page layout application shouldn't be a font manager.)

The Manage Images plugin lacks a window bar for moving it on the screen, has a couple confusing button labels, and doesn't raise over palettes when active (similar to a VERY annoying "feature" of the Story Editor).

Mike