[scribus] Faster Driving...

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 01:38:49 UTC 2011

On 06/17/2011 08:28 PM, Mike Sleger wrote:
> Does anybody know a keyboard shortcut for switching focus from the Properties window to the Main window?  Tried esc but that closes Properties.

Since using Properties is mouse-dependent, I think just clicking with
the mouse is better than any keyboard shortcut.

The question is, what sort of thing are you going to do after switching
focus? Having Properties active means that you have selected an
object...what do you wish to do next that would not require a mouse
click of some sort anyway?

That having been said, I find that if, for example, I have frame active,
am using Properties in some way, then press 'S', this activates the
cursor for making a shape. If you wish, then press Esc to cancel that
operation. Meanwhile, your previously selected frame is deselected and
so is Properties. In a sense I guess you have taken the focus back to
the main window, but you still will have to use the mouse at some point
to proceed with anything else.

Similar to this last example, you also still have access to all of the
keyboard shortcuts for the menu...Alt+F for File, and so on. Is that
what you're looking for?

I think maybe there is less focus on Properties than you think.

Greg