[scribus] We should be able to change fontsize in latex editor

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jun 16 16:14:13 UTC 2011

hi john,
>>> If the end result is to be a poster then CMYK would be my choice. It is
>>> printing after all.
>> he is probably printing the poster on a internal print shop with a laser
>> printer which expects RGB files...
>>
>> afaik, nowadays, printing not always expects CMYK, anymore! and you
>> should only do CMYK if somebody requested to do so (or you have the
>> knowhow to handle CMYK!)
>>
>> ciao
>> a.l.e
>>

> To each his own. My desktop color printer (HP Color Laser CP1518ni) has
> four cartridges, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and blacK. Clearly it will handle
> CMYK just fine.

if if it has four cartridges, your desktop printer probably expects RGC
(this means that your driver converts your job in RGB and then the
printer converts it back to CMYK.

> I do not see any difficulty in handling CMYK in Scribus.

yes, but it's harder to produce CMYK from latex.

since the persons having asked the question doesn't seem to have a deep
color knowledges, it's probably better for him to stick to RGB.

but why do simple, when one can do it complicated!

ciao
a.l.e