[scribus] We should be able to change fontsize in latex editor

Stefan Meir liststostefan at gmx.de
Wed Jun 15 15:48:20 UTC 2011

Am 15.06.2011 14:48, schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> On 06/15/2011 05:43 AM, SCRIBUS RIMITU wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> And firstable please excuse my english. I'm using Scribus because I
>> want to
>> create a scientific poster (A0 size). I must include Latex formulas, but
>> after doing Insert Rendering Frame, and right-clicking " Edit source ", I
>> see that there is no possibility to set a Fontsize greater than 20 pts,
>> which is really a problem in my opinion.
>>
>> If I made a mistake using Scribus, please accept my sincere apologizes
>> for
>> make scribus users wasting their time reading my email. But I have to say
>> that I must create this poster very soon, so I'm running out of time.
>
> I would have to experiment with this a bit, but I think has to do with
> putting in the needed Latex commands for this to happen.
>
> Greg

I had to play with the commands a few months ago and found following
solution to the font size issue:

additional header:
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{txfonts} #load a scalable font (Computer Modern is not!)

Latex body:
\fontsize{40pt}{10pt}\selectfont Big text
\[
i \hbar \frac{\partial}{\partial t} \mathit{\Psi} = - \frac{\hbar^2}{2
m} \Delta \mathit{\Psi}
\]

For a scientific poster you might as well want to chose font color,
which can be achieved by loading the package color (\usepackage{color})
in the header and the command \color{<color>}.

Best regards,

Stefan