[scribus] We should be able to change fontsize in latex editor

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jun 15 13:09:03 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, June 15, 2011 05:43:21 am SCRIBUS RIMITU wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> And firstable please excuse my english. I'm using Scribus because I want to
> create a scientific poster (A0 size). I must include Latex formulas, but
> after doing Insert Rendering Frame, and right-clicking " Edit source ", I
> see that there is no possibility to set a Fontsize greater than 20 pts,
> which is really a problem in my opinion.
>
> If I made a mistake using Scribus, please accept my sincere apologizes for
> make scribus users wasting their time reading my email. But I have to say
> that I must create this poster very soon, so I'm running out of time.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Erem Montani
> edit your options.
>
> Scribus Forums are available at http://forums.scribus.net
>
> Notice: Scribus mailing lists were migrated to a new host and now reside at
> lists.scribus.net, so a new list address scribus at lists.scribus.net has to
> be used.

I would set up the formulas in pdftex or pdflatex separate from Scribus. Then
import the formulas as pdf files, place them on the Scribus page, and enlarge
them as needed. Snce they are vector files they will accept enlargement
without ill effects. Describing the formulas will be the same in either.

I would use pdftex rather than pdflatex simply because setting up an oddball
page size is easier. You could set up a page size of 1 in by 1 in or its
metric equavalent and put one formula per page. Then use pdftk burst to
separate the pages into individual files.

It is never a mistake to use Scribus for a poster. But you have to use
auxiliary programs when needed, such as Gimp, Inkscape, TeX etc. The Scribus
Render facility is a great convenience but in cases such as yours I would go
to the TeX program directly.

Obviously you need to learn a bit about TeX. But you will need to learn the
TeX way of expressing formulas in any case.

--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: http://www.deathworeblack.com/

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"