[scribus] Story Mode

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Wed Jun 15 05:51:01 UTC 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 11:33 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> hi mike,
>
>>> just use the edit > style manager from the main menu without closing
>>> the story editor!
>>
>> There is no style manager option in my Edit menu of Story Editor
>> (1.4.0.rc3).
>
> in the edit menu from the main window!
>
> you can access it also while the story editor is open.

Okay, I figured out how to do this on a Mac (I still have my training wheels on....).  After starting Story Editor, the main window needs to get focus again to change the OS X menu options, and then Style Manager is accessible.  (But why go through the extra hoops?  Why not just have a Style Manager toolbar button within Story Editor?  One click, that's all.)  I have found the toolbar buttons for update text frame, and exit.  The initial size of Story Editor causes these buttons to not be visible in the toolbar.  Increasing the window size brings them into view.

This doesn't resolve Properties changing which text is selected when updating the linespacing of selected text.

Mike