[scribus] Opening Scribus Documents on Mac OS X

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jun 11 11:06:19 UTC 2011

hi andrew,

> >> Granted, I'm new to Macs, but it seems to me that if I open a
> >> Scribus document from the Documents folder in Finder or on the
> >> dock, Scribus should start up WITH the document opened.

> Having never used Scribus on anything but the Mac, I didn't know
> that it worked differently on other platforms. I have found this
> "feature" annoying, to say the least, but didn't know to complain
> about it!
>
> No, it hasn't been fixed.
> I.4.0 RC3 on OS X 10.5.8

complaining on the mailing list won't make the topic advance much...

making sure that there is a bug report for it may already be a step
further (most of all if there is no bug report for it, yet... but i
don't think it's the case...).

finding somebody volunteering to work on a patch for it is the best way
to get it fixed very soon!
(anybody who can program can write patches for scribus! and there is
for sure somebody affected by this bug who knows somebody who can
program! in this case you will probably need somebody who can program
on os x)

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: i checked if it's reported... it is...
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8252
i let you guess who reported it :-)