[scribus] Mac OS X Snow Leopard GhostScript??

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Sat Jun 11 00:16:22 UTC 2011

Nope, doesn't help yet.  GhostScript is not yet installed - it's still sitting in the Downloads folder waiting for me to do something with it.  "Just continue the installation until it completes" doesn't sound so good when the installation hasn't even started.  I've yet to find any documentation that says how to start the installation after the dmg is downloaded.  Double-clicking on the downloaded glpgs-8.71.dmg file (within the Downloads folder), a "Install GPL Ghostscript" folder is created at the root with the following contents:

Installer ReadMe.html  (doesn't say how to start the installation)
Uninstaller ReadMe.html  (haven't read this yet, as it's not even installed yet)
GPL License
GPL Ghostscript.mpkg
Uninstall Ghostscript.mpkg
Source Code

After this folder is created, nothing happens.  I expect I need to do yet something else manually, but I have no idea what that is.