[scribus] Why Can't Scribus See My Fonts?

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Fri Jun 10 12:52:13 UTC 2011

I have finally figured this out.  Apparently Scribus isn't as "smart" as other applications when it comes to recognizing active (installed) fonts on the system, and needs to be explicitly "told" where to look for fonts.  With SF3, fonts are stored and managed from within a vault rather than directly in the system's various font folders (at least this is the preferred approach recommended by Extensis).  By adding a path to the vault in the Additional Paths tab of the Scribus Fonts preferences (~/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/) and restarting Scribus, the fonts are now available.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get Ghostscript installed I'll have my Scribus migration from PC to Mac completed.