[scribus] Scribus not printing

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Thu Jun 9 11:13:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Ian "Witty" Whitfield <
editor at federalsaints.net> wrote:

>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Ian "Witty" Whitfied wrote

>> Ian,
>> I have never been able to print directly from my Ubuntu installation.  It
>> appears it would print if I had an Postscript printer but I don't have
>> one.
>> Therefore, I have to export to a pdf and then print the pdf externally to
>> Scribus.  Let me know if you have been able to print from your Linux
>> distro
>> in the past.
>> -- John Ghormley KJ4UFG
>>
> Hi John
> In just on 2 years and with various Linux OS-es and versions of Scribus
> (and always with the same Brother printer) I have never had a printing
> problem!! I just came across it yesterday when I tried to print out a page!!
>
> I did what others suggested and did a Screen Capture to print out what I
> needed but it is strange!!!

Ian,
Do a File -> Export to pdf and create a pdf file of what you want to print.
A print screen is not a decent method for printing anything.  However,
printing the pdf file you create is a very good way to print albeit a more
time consuming way than File -> Print would be.
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
editor at sera.org