[scribus] Scribus not printing??

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 16:22:30 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 09:52 AM, Ian "Witty" Whitfield wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Interesting problem here today. I use Scribus 1.4 RC3 on Mint 10 KDE and
> all has been well up to now.
>
> As of today I can no longer print from Scribus. If I try I get a "No
> Paper" error on the printer (A Brother MFC8860DN and with a full paper
> tray!). I don't do much printing from Scribus but there are a couple of
> things I do need to print out each month.
>
> I have tried everything and found out the following - it ONLY happens
> from Scribus!!!! I can do Print Test Page, Print Self Test and printouts
> from 3 or 4 other installed programs but _NOT_ from Scribus!!!???
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

For quite some time (maybe back as far as Fedora 7), Fedora will not
print directly from Scribus, even though is broken in no other way.

What I have had to do is to check for and enter an Alternative Printer
Command, e.g.

lpr -P myprinter

Hope that works for you. You can always print to file, export to PDF,
etc, of course.

Greg