[scribus] 600 dpi

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 13:24:58 UTC 2011

On 06/07/2011 09:03 AM, Tom Connolly wrote:
> Someone recently posted he has his tiffs at 600 dpi. AFAIK, no printer needs--indeed can use--more than 300 dpi. At 600 all you're doing is making a bigger file, with no benefits of sharper images.

I think this  is a bit of a distortion. For _most_ purposes, 300dpi
should be adequate.

For high-resolution printing commercially, 600 or even greater may be
desired. I'm not sure that once you get to 1200+ that it gets so easy to
see further improvement in the visible quality, unless you're talking
about printing to a very large format.

Greg