[scribus] Re : 1.4 rc4 Text Bug

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 00:30:33 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 08:21 PM, Yves Le Seigle wrote:
>> I installed version 1.4 rc4 and now
>> whenever I click into a text frame
>> and start typing, the focus jumps to another page and/or
>> frame, so the
>> only way I can edit text is to open the story editor.
>
> Same behavior on my side (Fedora 14, scribus-1.4.0.rc4-.5.1.i386.rpm , May 30, C-C-T-F-C1.10.2, Ghostscript 8.71)

I think more experimentation from those experiencing this is in order.
I can't demonstrate on Fedora 15 (this is 1.4.0rc4 from svn). Tried it
with a one-page, one frame document, also with 2-page, one frame on each
page.

Some questions:

What happens with a one-page document with only one text frame? It would
seem there's nowhere for the focus to go...

Is it a certain number of pages, number of text frames that is required?

If you can reproduce this, then file a bug and upload the file where
this occurs.

Greg