[scribus] Was: Line Wrapping Bug

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jul 30 02:13:25 UTC 2011

On Friday, July 29, 2011 12:27:20 pm Gregory Pittman
wrote:
> On 07/29/2011 11:34 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> > The number shown as you suggest advances every night.
But
> > the size of the file doesn't change. Hence the odds
are
> > excellent that the only thing that has changed
recently is
> > the revision number.
>
> Hmm. When you say "the size of the file doesn't change",
I have to
> wonder what "file" you are referring to.
>
> While it's conceivable that the number of bytes of the
entire svn
> content might not change from one day to the next, for
this to be usual
> or even common seems unlikely. But any svn
download/update is really a
> large collection of files.
>
> Greg

I was referring to the size in bytes of the compiled
executable, which has been stuck on 15,424,610 bytes for a
while. It is possible, as A.L.E has pointed out, to make
changes in text that do not change the dimensions of the
final file. I just think it is unlikely.

It could be that somehow I am not downloading the latest
version and it is my download/compile cycle that is stuck
in a time warp. But that also seems unlikely.

According to the commits archive the last commit was July
17th.
--
John Culleton