[scribus] Was: Line Wrapping Bug

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jul 29 16:09:39 UTC 2011

On Friday, July 29, 2011 11:37:21 am a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
> > The number shown as you suggest advances every night.
But
> > the size of the file doesn't change. Hence the odds
are
> > excellent that the only thing that has changed
recently is
> > the revision number.
>
> if the number has changed there are changes in the code.
>
> but those changes don't mean that the file size changes!
(if somebody
> notices that he has written "pnint" instead of "print"
and fixes it, the
> size of the executable won't change! but the program
will be better!)

> please, if you want to know what has changed, go and do
a "svn log
> -rBASE:HEAD" before updating.
> (or, generally, look at the logs!)

And a reponse consisting of a line of dashes means no
change?

The file ChangeLog shows changes headed with Scribus RC4
and further down earlier releases:
Scribus - 1.4.0.rc4
======================================
- 0009392: [Graphics / Image Frames] contour line growth
does not match the measurement defined (cbradney) -
resolved.
- 0009903: [General] The "dirty flag" seems to get set
unnecessarily (cbradney) - resolved.
- 0009845: [General] Document is always marked as changed
(cbradney) - resolved.
- 0010012: [Styles] Many duplicates of paragraph styles
"Copy of Style (nnn)" (cbradney) - resolved.
- 0008252: [Mac OS] cannot open a file through double
click in OSX Finder (jghali) - resolved.
- 0010049: [Story Editor / Text Frames] Zoom affect cursor
line width (jghali) - resolved.
- 0010048: [Story Editor / Text Frames] Updating
Linespacing Changes Text Selection (jghali) - resolved.
- 0010052: [-] incorrect style hierarchy caused by use of
forward references on save (jghali) - resolved.
etc.

Your suggestion gave me another idea. If I do a true
update instead of a fresh download each time then I can
get a clue from the amount of update activity, no?

I have been doing an add rather than an update to make
sure there was no garbage hanging around from a previous
session. But I will do an update for a few nights at
least.
--
John Culleton