[scribus] Line Wrapping Bug

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:30:46 UTC 2011

2011/7/28 Mike Sleger <chappa-ai at q.com>

> Dang, except now with it aligned to baseline grid the text frame cannot be
> repositioned on the page.  Well, the frame can be moved, but the text
> doesn't move with the frame anymore.  There must be a way to align different
> sized text in a frame to baseline, but still have the text move with the
> frame?
>
> On Jul 28, 2011, at 7:55 PM, Mike Sleger wrote:
>
> > Nevermind - I figured it out.  Line spacing cannot be Fixed or Automatic
> - it needs to be Baseline in order the larger text to remain on the same
> line as the smaller text.

Hmmmm.... I see no reason why we should need to set the linespacing to
"Align to Baseline Grid" to achieve this. A "Fixed linespacing" should do it
just the same as the Align to Baseline Grid.

Quick testings reveal that as soon as there is a difference of over 3,24
points between a word and the following one, the following one is pushed on
the next line. Setting at smaller type has the same effect.

If this is not a bug, I wonder what else could it be. To the least, it's an
annoying limitation.

Louis