[scribus] Making a wide border

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Sun Jul 24 13:40:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 5:00 AM, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> hi john,
>
> > I want to make a border around a text frame that is 4 points wide.  I
> > cannot seem to do it.
> >
> > After selecting the frame, I go to the Properties Palette and select
> > Line. Now here is where the problem begins.  If I select No Style I
> > can set a value of the Line Width.  But, there is NO LINE as I would
> > expect.  However, if I select Line 1pt, I get exactly that -- a 1
> > point border and cannot change the Line Width.  How do I get a wider
> > border to appear?
>
> you have to go to the colors tab in the PP and choose a color for the line
> (the first button in the tab).
>
> does it help?
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

No, actually, as the color tab sets the color of the frame fill or
background.  I can achieve a 1pt BLACK border, but I want a wider border
than 1pt.  I have only been able to do that by placing a black rectangle
under a slightly smaller white rectangle and layering the text boxes
(smaller still) on top of the two rectangles.  I wonder what the Line Width
is for given how it appears to work?
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*