[scribus] Printing as Spread

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jul 22 12:26:23 UTC 2011

On Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:05:08 pm a.l.e wrote:
> hi,
>
> > Would it be a long-coding task to make available an
option that would
> > allow to "Print as Spread" a certain number of pages?
> >
> > What would be involved here if we'd like to implement
this in the Print
> > and in the Export to PDF dialogs?
>
> i guess that it is "easy" to do, if all scribus users
agree that they
> never will request anything more complicated than what
acrobat reader
> offers as booklet print.
>
> since i'm sure that the day this is implemented, we will
have requests
> to do more than that (yourself are talking about "a
certain number of
> pages" which won't always match 2), i'm not really
comfortable with the
> idea of adding it to scribus.
>
> what we need is a program whici is able to correclty
spreadify PDFs
> created by scribus... and we were very close to have one
with podofo
> impose some time ago...
>

> can't that project be brought to life again?
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

With PSUtils readily available I would categorize this
requirement as "nice to have" rather than "must have."
There are other areas of equal or grater difficulty worthy
of attention. If we require Scribus to do all things it
may become overweight and more difficult to maintain. The
table of contents feature, running heads
keyed to the current content, indexing, tabulation etc.
deserve attention.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: