[scribus] Facing pages format?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 03:36:53 UTC 2011

2011/7/20 Barry McKenna <bmcken at pobox.com>

> I note that one of the formats offered in the New Document dialog is Double
> Sided.
>
> A substantial portion of the book I am preparing and designing will utilize
> Facing Pages: A graph or series of graphs on the right page with explanatory
> text on the left page.
>
> Is this a reasonable option or feature for Scribus, or should I approach
> this in some other manner?

All this feature does is to allow margins to be set as "inside" and
"outside" as opposed to "left" and "right" of page, along with the
opportunity to allow graphic elements to span across the double page. In
other words, if you plan to have "facing" values for margins, you could use
this feature. And if you plan to have a graph or any graphic element going
across a spread, the yes, use this feature.

However, please note that Scribus is not able to "print as spread".

Louis