[scribus] PDF/A additional thought-question-request

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 20 18:16:04 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 12:13:57 pm Barry McKenna
wrote:
> It occurs to me that perhaps my need for PDF/A and
continued use of
> Scribus might have another resolution:
>
> Are there any specific recommendations for tools to
convert a Scribus
> generated PDF to PDF/A?
>
> Barry

I would use Scribus 1.5.0, which I download via svn &
compile every evening. You can just take your present sla
file produced by any earlier version of Scribus, make sure
color management is on, and save it as PDF X/A. I do the
same thing but I save as PDF X/1-a, similar name but much
different format.

If you send me your sla file (and all graphics & unusual
fonts of course) in a zip file I'll convert it for free.
Too small a job to charge for.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: