[scribus] e-book redux

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 00:15:26 UTC 2011

I just caught up with the epub discussion of last month.

I have little interest in that as far as I know, and I can appreciate
the developer's perspective that Scribus doesn't need to output in
every conceivable format, especially focusing on the e-book market.

However, I will definitely be needing PDF/A format to allow use by
Adobe's Digital Editions software, and posted about this back in
April and Peter Linnell replied that as far as intent

"Yes, we do, but no time frame for implementation. We know it is also
important for long term govt archiving."

:) I have little interest in govt archiving for now, but in contrast
to epub and whatever ebook formats that I don't care about, I will
definitely be needing PDF/A by next year and if that's not a
reasonable time frame, I'd appreciate knowing that so I can begin to
plan accordingly.

Barry