[scribus] Is this a minor bug?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 19:48:39 UTC 2011

On 07/15/2011 02:20 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> I put out a weekly "newsletter[1]" that I format in Scribus.  I have a
> file with all my headings, text boxes and so on set up that I bring
> in, add the current distribution number and save as a new file before
> importing text.  All of the text in the heading is 24 point.  When I
> open the Story Editor and add the number, it goes in as the right
> font, but at the default 12 point, even though it's right after a
> pound sign (#) in 24 point, and I have to correct it before saving.
> In fact, that's why I do it this way; I've not been able to find out
> where to change the text size the way I want in the main window.  Is
> this a bug, or is this how Scribus is intended to work?

This is one of various things about Story Editor and text frames that
doesn't work right.
Just now, I entered some text, then changed the font settings, either
font or font size, then continued typing, and when I saved to the frame,
it was all in the original font and size. One has to type first, then
highlight, then change settings for this to work.
The SE didn't always work like this, and I think it's not what one expects.

I also see in Edit Contents mode on the main canvas that this same
behavior is noted -- the font you see in Text tab isn't necessarily what
gets used as you type in more text. Again, to change you have to
highlight what you've already typed, then change the settings.

You might run down the remaining text frame bugs for rc5 to see if
things like this are already reported.

Greg