[scribus] barcode generator

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 14 17:26:01 UTC 2011

wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> is it possible access from scripter barcode generator
in

> > menu
> >
> >> (extra->barcode generator)? I need to
> >> generate around 100 barcodes, each with it's own
number.

> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> Miro
> >
> > I have a COBOL program that does it for me. If you give
me
> > the first ISBN I can generate eps files for a range of
> > 00-99. Then I can zip them and send them back to you.
Each
> > will have the ISBN as the file name.
> >
> > These will be Bookland-generated bar codes.
>
> He didn't say what kind of barcode he needed.
>
> Greg

In this context Bookland.py is a program, not a format.

ISBN barcodes in eps file format are standard, unless one
uses a barcode generator in Scribus or Inkscape etc. In all
cases they should be in a vector format. The recent Chen &
Chen book on "Using Free Scribus..." recommends jpg but
his/her reach exceeds his/her grasp. I will prepare one
more sample showing the same bar code side by side. You get
to guess which was generated by the Bookland program and
which was imported from my stash of eps files generated by
the bookland program driven by my COBOL program.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural:
http://www.deathworeblack.com/