[scribus] Centos 6 recommended Scribus version

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Jul 12 18:55:07 UTC 2011

John Jason Jordan píše v Út 12. 07. 2011 v 10:34 -0700:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:06:20 +0200
> Dan Horák <dan at danny.cz> dijo:
>
> >Dan Horák píše v Út 12. 07. 2011 v 08:57 +0200:

> >> 1.3.9 is in EPEL [1] and 1.4.0-rc5 is in my repo [2] until the final
> >> version is released and the package for EPEL can be updated
> >
> >and 1.3.3.14 also available now from [2] as scribus-stable
> >
> >> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
> >> [2] http://fedora.danny.cz/danny-el/
>
> I tried to use the above to install RC5 on my Fedora 14 x86_64
> computer, but I failed.

Did you install the danny-release package from
http://fedora.danny.cz/danny/ ? It should simply work with "yum update",
"yum install scribus" or using the GUI Add/Remove Software tool.

> First, it appears that I have to manually uninstall 1.3.9 before I can
> install 1.4.0 RC5. I did so with "yum erase scribus." But it still
> won't work.
>
> Apparently there are three packages to install:
>
> scribus-1.4.0-0.3.rc5.fc14.x86_64
> scribus-devel-1.4.0-0.3.rc5.fc14
> scribus-doc-1.4.0-0.3.rc5.fc14
>
> The header ("devel") files won't install without first installing the
> main package. The main package won't install without first installing
> the scribus-doc package. And the scribus-doc package won't install
> without first installing the main package.
>
> I used just the GUI package installer that pops up after the Firefox
> download. I didn't try downloading the packages and installing them
> from the command line with rpm because I assumed I would get the same
> results. Am I doing something wrong or are the dependencies messed up?

When installing from individual files you would need to download the
scribus and scribus-doc rpms and then use "yum localinstall *.rpm".

Dan