[scribus] Buggy Software!

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Tue Jul 12 17:07:53 UTC 2011

On 11 Jul 2011 at 10:05, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 07/11/2011 09:54 AM, Meho R. wrote:
> > On 11.07.2011 18:53, Meho R. wrote:
> >> Maybe you're using a wrong OS? No problems on Linux with
> 1.4.5.rc5.
> > 1.4.0.rc5 that is...
> >

> Somebody should have pointed out by now that "rc5" means that it's a
> *release candidate.*  That means that if you're using it, you're
> helping
> test it and find last-second bugs.

In the Windows world release candidates are called betas. I don't know what they are
called in the Mac world.

The purpose of rcs and betas is to have users test the software before release as a
"stable" program. My experience with the various rc# s has been good but I still save
it often.

BTW, in Windows a backup is saved periodicaly. It is called "name.sla.autosave".
Presumably on Macs it does the same. You shouldn't have to redo the whole thing.

George