[scribus] SVG text font is not embedded

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jul 10 07:16:25 UTC 2011

hi barry

> >> the fonts are
> >> not embedded in the pdf, so they are apparently converted to
> >> outlines.
> >>
> >> Is there something I can do about this, or is this an issue
> >> that is on the to-do list somewhere, or possibly remedied
> >> since 1.3.9?
> >
> > in the prefrences>  fonts you can try to force the embedding of the font...
> >
> > but you may also try to tell us the reason why you're so scared about the fact that your fonts are subsetted (it says outlined, but, probably, they,e subsetted...)
> >
> > if you give more details about your font you may get more detailed answers.
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e
>
> a.l.e,
>
> In preferences, the only option I see for embedding is
> "Embed in Postscript", so I don't know what I can 'try' that
> is relevant to SVG in that dialog.
>
> My font is a proprietary True Type font that I have been
> developing (adding to) for many years, making use of the
> Unicode Private Use Area for special characters I need for
> my work and publications.
>
> This font works flawlessly in every application I have used
> it in.
>
> It would be impossible to subset this font, because the
> Private Use Area characters are unique, so that is not what
> is happening.
>
> The font output looks exactly the same as when I output eps
> text and graphics in Scribus to PDF _without_ embedding,
> i.e., the glyphs are not sharp.
>
> What I would like to know is if there are plans to add a
> feature/option to embed fonts with SVG text and graphics in
> PDF output.
>
> Otherwise, I may have to move to another application.

could you please upload the font and a sample file to the bug tracker?
if you mark it as private only the devs will be able to see it...

just one further hint: in my eyes the SVG part of your sorrows should
not affect how the PDF is created...
but i can't be sure of it... so, please add also a sample SVG...

ciao
a.l.e