[scribus] align and distribute

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 16:23:24 UTC 2011

On 07/09/2011 11:45 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 07/09/2011 09:53 AM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:
>> Well, now it worked right in the first instance but it isn't working
>> in the others.
>>
>> What I have is several pages of text that are autoflowed. I have
>> certain quotes that are pulled out and displayed in a different font
>> within a text frame. So I basically have the text frame overlaying the
>> other larger text box with the text wrapping around it. This text
>> frame is what I want positioned precisely between the preceding and
>> following lines of text.
>>
>> I could use paragraph styles for these quotes, but we want to apply
>> formatting to the text frame border, and I don't think that is
>> possible if we are using paragraph styles, correct?
>>
> So here is where you should try out the script InfoBox: Script > Scribus
> Scripts > InfoBox. This creates a new frame to fit one or more columns,
> with a height and position that you can determine, and of course adjust
> later, and afterward you can give it a color for the border.
>
> It can also be an image frame as the script shows.

As I play around with this, it's worth mentioning that sometimes you
need to get creative and figure out some workarounds for various issues.

Especially when you are wanting to make a frame with a border
superimposed on a text frame with columns, you may be quite frustrated
with trying to get the text below the superimposed frame to drop down
sufficiently. Here is where you can consider creating (with InfoBox or
copying or manually) another frame which is empty, also having Text Flow
Around Frame set, then adjusting its height and position to push the
text in the bottom frame sufficiently out of the way for a visually
pleasing result.

Greg