[scribus] positioning text frames

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 01:47:47 UTC 2011

On 07/08/2011 09:25 PM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:
> Ok, here's another question.
>
> I have some quotes set off in text frames. I would like them to be precisely positioned exactly between the text above and below. I know how to move them around, but how can I make it be exactly centered vertically between the preceding and following lines of text?

Not quite sure what you're doing/trying to do here. A simple way might
be to turn on the baseline grid so that you can move your text and see
visually what you're doing.

More advanced:
If you set up a paragraph style, this can include settings for the
amount of space above and the amount below each paragraph. There are
many advantages of using paragraph styles, not the least of which is
that you can modify the style, and then it is altered wherever it is used.

see the online manual Help > Scribus Manual > Documentation > Scribus
Basics > Working with Styles (and Working with Text)

Greg