[scribus] story editor and anchoring

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 00:46:54 UTC 2011

On 07/07/2011 08:16 PM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:

>> On 07/07/2011 06:43 PM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:
>>> I'm completely new to desktop publishing but was actually able to
>>> produce a pretty good document for my first try! I have a couple of
>>> questions that I've not been able to find the answers to.
>>>
>>> 1. As I was using story editor to apply styles, while clicking between
>>> that and my original word processing document, when I clicked back
>>> into story editor, it kept jumping back to the top of it. I had to
>>> scroll back down to where I was virtually every time. Is there a
>>> secret of where to click in story editor to keep it from jumping back
>>> to the top?
>>>
>> Not that I know of.
>>
>>> 2. How do you anchor text boxes or image boxes to text?
>>
>> Not sure what you mean by anchoring...
>>
>> Greg
>>

> This is what I mean by anchoring: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/InDesign/6.0/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6c43a.html
> It's pretty easy to do in Open Office, too. Basically so your image/text box is locked with the text. So if you move the text, the boxes move with it.

In Scribus this is called in inline graphic. Essentially, you can copy
any image frame, then insert it like text into a text frame.
Select an image frame with image, press Ctrl+C. Then select text frame
(you need to do this in Insert Contents mode -- double click on text
frame, put the cursor where you want to insert the graphic you have
copied), then select Edit > Paste or type Ctrl+V.

As far as tacking an image onto the edge of the text frame, in Scribus
you would group the two frames -- select both, then Item > Group.

Greg