[scribus] Segmentation fault Scribus1.5.0

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jul 5 13:49:44 UTC 2011

hi
> On my Salix (stripped down Slackware) partition a fresh
> build of 16705 works with either the KDE4 gui or the XFCE
> gui. So it does not seem to be a problem with vanilla
> Scribus 1.5.0 as such.
>
> There does seem to be a problem with the "About Scribus
> help screen however. It still shows June 16 as the date,
> which seems unlikely.

on debian there is no problem even with patched scribus 1.5.0s

every time i have some spare time i manually run a svn update and then
make my fresh scribus.
sometimes it's a bit hard to get the patches to correctly merge with the
new code.
but most of the time it's hassle free. i just do a make and make install
and wait for my computer to finish the task.

the sun is shining and i will take the train to strasbourg at 6 PM.

ciao
a.l.e