[scribus] vertically centering text in a frame

Ken Springer snowshed at dishmail.net
Sun Jan 30 20:01:12 CET 2011

LOL!!!!!!

I remember figuring out that trick years ago when I was using Atari
computers!!  It would eventually have come back to me here once I got more
familiar with Scribus.

My first "obsession" with Scribus features will be to figure out how to get
the text to display with the effects I want.  That obstacle, not vertical
justification, is the reason I moved to ooO in order to get things done.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>wrote:

> It's occurred to me how one might center text vertically. In essence it
> involves cheating by doing this with 2 frames, then using align and
> distribute. It can also be used for horizontal centering at the same time.
>
> Here is a wiki page about this method:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Vertically_Centering_Text
>
> Greg

Ken Springer

"All progress depends upon the unreasonable person."
George Bernard Shaw

Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for
cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!"
President William McKinley

http://www.greeleynet.com/~wordwork/airpage.htm