[scribus] Text in frame and Properties > Text dialog

Randolph Bentson bentson at holmsjoen.com
Sun Jan 30 08:56:41 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 04:33:54PM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> It's true that the Compose key does not work in Scribus 1.3.9 on
> Linux, neither in the canvas view or story editor.

I've learned that the Compose key function was broken in several/most
contexts in recent versions of Fedora Linux. The good news that it looks
a lot better with Fedora 14. Once I configured/specified the Compose key,
via System -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Layouts -> Options, I found I
could compose Unicode chars in the Story Editor.

> However, Ctrl-Shift-u + Unicode value does work in both environments.
> E.g., you can type an á with Ctrl-Shift-u plus E1.

Yep, this work for me too, but it appears I must use 'e1' instead of 'E1'
in canvas view. ???

--
Randolph Bentson
bentson at holmsjoen.com