[scribus] Text in frame and Properties > Text dialog

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 01:33:54 CET 2011

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:33:13 -0200
José Antonio Rocha <joseantoniorocha at gmail.com> dijo:

>2011/1/29 a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
>>
>> for a "normal" workflow -- and starting with 1.3.9/1.4 -- i would not
>> suggest to use the story editor
>
>... but editing in frame don't handle accented letters in Scribus
>1.3.9, Ubuntu 10.10 or Wine.

It's true that the Compose key does not work in Scribus 1.3.9 on
Linux, neither in the canvas view or story editor. However,
Ctrl-Shift-u + Unicode value does work in both environments. E.g., you
can type an á with Ctrl-Shift-u plus E1.

The Compose key does work in all other programs on my Fedora 14 x86_64
computer. I don't know why Scribus can't use it.

I have not tried installing different keyboards to see if that would
get around the problem in Scribus, but I suspect it would not.