[scribus] Compare.pdf (crossposted)

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Sat Jan 29 21:29:16 CET 2011

On 1/29/2011 11:47 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> With the generous help of others I put together a set of samples of
> the same text as set by various programs, TeX, Scribus, OO Writer,
> MSWord, InDesign and PagePlus.
>
>   IMO TeX, InDesign and Scribus form the first tier, PagePlus almost
> makes it and the two word processors bring up the rear.  I used 1.5.0
> (my usual tool) for the Scribus samples.
>
> Download it here and make up your own list of winners and also rans:
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/compare.pdf

John,

It may be a particular Windows/Scribus/pdf issue with my
system/HP 1018 - or not, I don't know - but the Scribus
printed output looks distinctly different from the Tex and
Open Writer; the same as my Scribus (1.3.9) to pdf output
when I _don't_ "Embed PDF": The printed output looks a bit
jagged under a loop as when the font is converted to outlines.

Barry