[scribus] guides under frame

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:23:32 CET 2011

I am currently laying out some full-colour cards for gift certificates for my
theatre.  I have always just used spot colour for anything I've done prior to
this, so full colour is a new experience.

I have a background image that I have placed in a frame that covers the whole
sheet, edge to edge.  Now I need to put my text and other elements into the
so-called "safe zone" in the card, which according to the specification sheet
I'm working from means that I have to back everything off .125" from the edge.

I planned to set guides .125" from the edge all the way around but have
discovered that the guides don't show through the graphic frame for the
background image.  Even if I turn images off, the frame itself seems to cover
the guides.

So my question is this:  How can I make the guides show up without having to
remove my background image from the page?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ www.melvilletheatre.com