[scribus] blog to scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 21:43:41 CET 2011

On 01/24/2011 03:06 PM, Joan Hill wrote:
> I have posted 152 letters onto a dedicated blog.  I had thought that I could
> "slurp" the blog info out into a program that I could then save to a word
> document, edit and then send off for publishing.  However, these kinds of
> programs (at least the ones that i have found) only let you print to their
> site  -- and a very high cost.  Easy, but cost prohibitive.
>
> Is there a way I can "slurp out", or upload, my blog content into scribus?
> If so, how?

First of all, sounds like you need to pick another blog site -- in an
age of DRM, this should be illegal for them to keep _your_ creative
product hostage, but such is the nature of proprietary software much of
the time.

You should always be able to highlight-copy-paste, not a pleasant chore
for 152 letters, but you may find you can copy more than one at a time,
if it lets you show more than one at a time. Of course, maybe they have
some other tricks that you'll discover when you attempt this.

Greg