[scribus] How to Properly Install a Template

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 03:47:03 CET 2011

On 01/16/2011 07:48 PM, Steven Dilworth wrote:
>> C:\Program Files\Scribus 1.3.8\share\templates
>>
>> See if there is anything in there. If there is nothing,>then re-download
>> Scribus.
>
>> I would add that if you're going to re-download, you>might as well get
>> the 1.3.9 version - there are many more templates>there.
>
>> Greg
>
> I have 1.3.9 and there are the templates which come with Scribus, but I have
> not been able to retrieve a pre-made template from the web, put it in the
> right folder, and then have it show up in the New> From Template dialog.  Do
> I have to edit some nin file or something to make it show?

Hi Steve,

Please trim out the fat when you post.

If you go to File > Preferences > General, there is a place to specify
Document Templates. These are where your own templates will go.

Once you do this, when you go to File > New from Template, your template
will be listed along with all of the others which come with Scribus.
AFAICT, templates are saved much like Collect for Output, where you
create a directory with all the necessary content for the template. So
you aren't just pulling in a template file necessarily.

Greg